Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation

For general information about U.S. visas, please visit the website of the Department of State.

The Consular Section at the Embassy Malabo currently processes Non-Immigrant Visa (tourist visas) by appointment only during regular business hours.   Interested applicants can make an appointment directly on the website through the Embassy's on-line appointment system.

Special Notice

  • Worldwide Delay in Visa and Passport Processing
    The Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our overseas passport and visa systems. This issue is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working urgently to correct the problem and restore full operability.

    Passport applications accepted overseas or after May 26, 2015 are affected by this delay. If you applied for a U.S. passport overseas during this time frame and have travel plans within the next 10 business days, please consider requesting an emergency passport at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at which you originally applied. Information about how to apply for an emergency passport is available at the following: (

Consular Systems Technical Issues

The Bureau of Consular Affairs continues to address technical problems with our visa systems.  Some visa applicants will experience delays in receiving visas.  Others will be contacted directly to reschedule their appointments.  Passports are still being processed. 

This issue is not specific to any particular country or visa category; this is a global issue.  We do not believe these problems stem from any cyber-security hacking issues.

Our border security responsibilities are critical to the visa process.  We cannot bypass the legal requirements to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel. We are assisting visa applicants with urgent humanitarian travel, and adoption cases are being processed.  Individuals with humanitarian travel needs should contact their nearest U.S. embassy or consulate

Travel & Tourism in the U.S.

  • Tourism Badge